Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs||475|
|August||Courage Classic – to benefit Children’s Hospital||565|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homeless Initiative – South Broadway CC|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||800|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homeless Initiative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our August 27 gathering is at Kim’s home, 9643 Timber Hawk Cr., #13 (says #2413 on the door) in Highlands Ranch.
- Marilyn Van Derbur is speaking at Wings Foundation dinner on September 8. Tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-evening-with-marilyn-van-derbur-atler-tickets-36072877949?aff=es2
- Our September 10 gathering is at Sherrill’s home, 1601 Colorado Blvd., in Denver.
- On September 23, we are co-hosting the Women’s Homeless Initiative along with three to four people from South Broadway Christian Church. It will be held at Corona Presbyterian Church on 8th and Downing. The plan is to cook at home for 30 women, bring food, serve, provide an activity option, and clean up. Lights out is at 8:00.
- Our September 24 gathering is at Evergreen Christian Church. Denny is hosting.
- October 22 gathering is at Evergreen Christian Church. Denny is hosting. This is also the Blood Drive service project.
- Lisa told us about her experiences at the General Assembly.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill came through surgery well and is recovering at home.
- Doretta’s surgery is Tuesday, August 15 at noon.
- Doretta’s testing and scopes and scans and ultrasounds have come back clear. Needing visitors on Thursdays while Cheryl goes to Loveland.
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, is improving and planning a visit to Denver.
- Prayers of discernment for South Broadway Christian Church.
- Prayers for the Evergreen community; another young boy died after jumping off a bridge. Prayers for Evergreen Christian Church as they discern how to respond and what direction their ministry should take