Hosting: Cos and Kathi
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home||5645|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Sherrill will be our Fireside representative for the CRMR Alliance Q committee. Thanks, Sherrill!
- Our August 26 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, in Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Our September 9 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
- Our September 30 gathering will be at Bruce’s house, 2040 Hooker St. #H, Denver.
- Planning ahead for our discussions on homelessness and our missional response to it.
Joys and Concerns:
- It was a joy to have Cheryl with us today!
- Phil has ear surgery on Monday.
- Darrel is in town working on a home remodel project. Jean will join him for a few days. She loves her life in New Orleans and is helping a friend navigate the world of health and medical insurance.
- Sherrill’s uncle (her father’s brother) and wife took Sherrill out to lunch; it was a nice time together. Sherrill’s sister and other family members, however, have blocked her on Facebook and are cutting off ties.
- Sherrill and Karen are going to Grand Junction over Labor Day weekend to celebrate Karen’s 45th
- Cos just had surgery to replace the battery that manages his tremors. He’s feeling much better!
- Olivia and Adam both start kindergarten this week!
- Kathi and Cos are going to Calgary, Canada with Shaun, Kat, and Quinton in November.
- Richard is supporting Jeri’s husband, his foster daughter, and his friend, Bill as they work through health issues. He, also, remains on call at hospice for people who have no family here locally.
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, will be teaching again in the fall.
- Kathi is very sad that they had to cut down the tree in front of her mom’s house. Her dad had bought the tree for her mom many years ago.
- Mookie had his oral surgery.