Hosting: Cheryl and Doretta
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||245|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||400|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Disciples Mission Fund – Easter
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our April 23 gathering will be the Installation Service for Regional Minister Joan Bell-Haynes at 3:00 at First Christian Church in Loveland. Clergy are to wear robes and red stoles. We will gather afterwards in prayer for Karen Oliveto, the United Methodist Bishop who is being challenged due to her sexual orientation.
- Our May 7 gathering is at Sandra’s house.
- Our May 21 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck.
- In May, Sherrill will lead a discussion of Blessed are the Crazy – Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church by Sarah Griffith Lund and Donald Capps. If you have additional resources, please bring them.
- Our guest speaker today was Kim Erickson, Executive Director of the Colorado School Medicaid Consortium, a nonprofit organization committed to increasing school health services throughout Colorado. She outlined the critical role of Medicaid and explained the devastating impact that cutting Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act will have in Colorado and across the country.
Joys and Concerns:
- It was a joy to have guests with us today: Kim, Barb, and Linda!
- Phil is home sick with chills and fever.
- Beth would like prayer for a health concern.
- Evergreen Christian Church grieves the loss of their family members during the anniversary of suicides last year.
- Bruce enjoyed the Stephanie and Luke concert at Evergreen. All proceeds went to Tennyson Center.
- Sherrill has a dental appointment this week.
- Arkansas will start executions of death row prisoners immediately after Easter. There will be eight executions in ten days.
- Doretta and her sister, Shirlene, are going on vacation together to Mexico.
- Denny is grateful that Evergreen found a singer/songwriter to lead their music program.
- Lorraine is moving to Kansas to pastor First Christian Church of Emporia.