|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind (ongoing)||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative (ongoing)||355|
|March||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life|
|May||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|July||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homelessness Initiative, January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17
- Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our April 22 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house. We will share potluck and watch “Jesus Christ Superstar.”
- April 26 is Dining Out For Life. Kathi and Cos will be ambassadors during lunch at Great Scotts in Broomfield.
- Our May 6 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house. We may start discussing Evicted.
- Our May 20 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck.
- Our June 10 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house.
- The Right to Rest in the City and County of Denver is now being called the Right to Survive. If you would like to help collect signatures for the petition to get the initiative on the ballot, you need to be trained. More details to follow.
- A new Tiny Home Village for women will begin fundraising soon.
- We enjoyed a discussion of Rachael Hold Evans’ ideas about sacrament. We might like to dig into this more deeply in the future.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for Doretta that she may be breathing easier very soon.
- Lisa is looking forward to family time with her children, Tom, Lucy, and Natalie, as they celebrate the life of Lisa’s late husband over the weekend of May 18-20.
- Lisa is sad that her daughter is graduating with her associate’s degree but isn’t going to walk in the ceremony. Natalie plans to go on to complete her bachelor’s degree, and hopefully, will walk then! Natalie will be working at Front Range Community College.
- Sherrill received the cover art and ISBN number for her book and is busy doing the final edit before printing. More good news – she will not need neck surgery after all.
- For Tory’s family as they mourn the loss of Tory’s brother-in-law.
- For Debbie and her work on the APS Board.