Hosting: Debbie on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)||1851|
|March||The Nature Conservancy||1090|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)||910|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)||1009|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies||200|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support||411|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Health Justice Support||40|
|Gun Violence Prevention/Education Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Amount Dispersed||834.38|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation (December 2022)||$20,284.51|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- April 30: Colors of Hope, Green Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- May 7: Colors of Hope, Turquoise Leader: Sherrill Communion: Sherrill
- May 14: Mother’s Day – No Gathering Today
- May 21: Colors of Hope, Purple Leader: Sherrill Communion: Sherrill
- May 28: Colors of Hope, Blue Leader: Cheryl Communion: Cheryl
- June 4: Colors of Hope, Rainbow Leader: Communion:
- Debbie led our conversation on GREEN – thinking about what’s natural and unnatural – letting go of binary thinking.
Joys and Concerns:
- It’s a joy to participate in Pride Fest on June 25-26 with local O&A churches, Cairn, South Broadway, Evergreen, and our Central Rocky Mountain Regional Church. Planning details continue!
- Cheryl concluded her interim ministry with Evergreen Christian Church this morning. Brandon Proffitt begins serving there next week.
- Gregory is off chemotherapy and beginning an oral medication this week. He is doing well and very encouraged.
- Janet is spending lots of time with her family as they continue to observe Orthodox Jewish traditions that honor her father’s life and grieve his death.
- Max reports that he’s been “good busy” with Mt. Olive, as they have had lots going on.
- Sherrill received a scholarship to attend a class taught by author Alexander Chi.
- Hannah has been diagnosed with pars defect, a stress fracture in her lower spine, which is fairly common with competitive dancers. Rest is required for healing…
- Kathi has begun a new medication. Cos reports Kathi is less agitated now and not falling as much, but still sleeping quite a lot.