|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||25|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits and Motel Vouchers||473|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||425|
|May||Dining Out For Life|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|June||Colorado Village Collaborative|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||400|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- Dining Out for Life is May 2. The Cosgroves are not working as ambassadors this year. Each of us will make our own plan for the day and let others know what it is; if we can join each other, we will do so. Please report your giving to Debbie, so she can add it to our offering totals.
- Tennyson Center has a new program called Council 4 Children. If interested in participating, let Sandra know.
- Our May 12 gathering will be rescheduled for May 19.
- Our May 19 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora.
- We will not meet on Memorial Day weekend.
- Our June 9 gathering is at Sandra’s home, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., Aurora.
- Our June 23 gathering is at Lisa’s home, 8636 Mariposa, Thornton.
- We discussed “Heresy of Heresies: From Deadly Unity to Life-Giving Unity” from Preaching As Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for Cheryl and her mom and dad.
- Camille Gary’s mother passed away recently.
- Sherrill will be a panelist for a workshop for new authors when she goes to Pittsburg in July.
- Sherrill is healing; her infection is much better.
- Debbie and Phil’s neighbor, Yolanda, has been hospitalized with a blood clot in her lung.