Hosting: Judy on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)||1851|
|March||The Nature Conservancy||1090|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)||810|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)||25|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies||200|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support||411|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Health Justice Support||40|
|Gun Violence Prevention/Education Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Amount Dispersed||834.38|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation (December 2022)||$20,284.51|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Orange Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- April 23: Colors of Hope, Yellow Leader: Judy Communion: Judy
- April 30: Colors of Hope, Green Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- May 7: Colors of Hope, Turquoise Leader: Sherrill Communion: Sherrill
- May 14: Mother’s Day – No Gathering Today
- May 21: Colors of Hope, Purple Leader: Sherrill Communion: Sherrill
- May 28: Colors of Hope, Blue Leader: Cheryl Communion: Cheryl
- June 4: Colors of Hope, Rainbow Leader: Communion:
- Debbie led our conversation on healing last week. Judy led our conversation on sunshine yellow today. It was a celebration of all things bright and energizing!
Joys and Concerns:
- It’s a joy to participate in Pride Fest on June 25-26 with local O&A churches, Cairn, South Broadway, Evergreen, and our Central Rocky Mountain Regional Church. Planning details continue!
- The resolution we submitted to the General Assembly on Food Justice and Food Waste has been accepted and recommended for adoption!
- Prayers of healing for Cookie.
- Prayers of comfort and strength for Janet.
- Michael celebrated his 15th birthday on April 16!
- Cheryl had a short but wonderful trip to Salt Lake City where she cheered on Chase in their school play!
- Ann was commissioned this morning as Minister of Pastoral Care at South Broadway Christian Church!
- Judy and Win are preparing to sell their house and move to a new location at Wind Crest in Centennial on June 13. Judy’s daughter, Wendy, has been incredibly helpful with packing, even while she is considering a job change.
- Debbie had a great time facilitating a workshop on ecospiritual practices and ecojustice this morning at Messiah Lutheran Church!
- Cheryl concludes her ministry at Evergreen next Sunday.
- Cheryl will be a panelist on a General Church discussion of gun violence and mental health! The virtual panel will take place on May 3. Details to follow.
- Kathi has a new doctor who is going to try a new medication that should decrease her agitation and increase her alertness.
- Charles from South Broadway has been recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s.