Hosting: Cheryl and Doretta
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||400|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Disciples Mission Fund – Easter
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our May 7 gathering is at Sandra’s house.
- Our May 21 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck.
- In May, Sherrill will lead a discussion of Blessed are the Crazy – Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church by Sarah Griffith Lund and Donald Capps. If you have additional resources, please bring them.
- We gathered today at First Christian church in Loveland for the Installation/Covenant Service for our new Regional Minister, Joan Bell-Haynes. It was a wonderful celebration of ministry with a sermon by General Minister and President Sharon Watkins who charged all of us to wait upon the Lord and be assured that we will receive fresh strength for the job at hand. We gathered afterward in prayer for Rev. Karen Oliveto, the United Methodist Bishop who is being challenged due to her sexual orientation. We were joined by representatives from the two other Open and Affirming congregations, Cairn, Milagro, and from South Broadway, a congregation in discernment to become Open and Affirming.
Joys and Concerns:
- Cheryl, as a member of the Regional Minister Search Committee, is very joyful today!
- It was a joy to have guests with us today: Marnie Leinberger, Thandiwe Dale-Ferguson, and Marcia Meier
- Karen Oliveto will hear the decision this week from the United Methodist governing body regarding the challenge to her ministry.
- Kathi’s sister is having knee replacement surgery this week.
- Cheryl’s friend’s mother passed away quite suddenly last week. Cheryl is providing ministry for the family.
- Marcia Meier is beginning a new ministry with sponsorship of the National Benevolent Association. More details will follow!
- Debbie is in discernment regarding the possibility of running for office, both a joy and a concern.