Hosting: Kathi and Cos
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind (ongoing)||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash (ongoing)||355|
|March||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life|
|May||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|July||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||400|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homelessness Initiative, January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17
- Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our April 22 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house. We will share potluck and watch “Jesus Christ Superstar.”
- April 26 is Dining Out For Life. Cos and Kathi will be ambassadors during lunch at Great Scotts in Broomfield.
- Our May 6 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house. We may start discussing Evicted.
- Our May 20 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house. We will share potluck and finish watching “Jesus Christ Superstar.”
- Our June 10 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house.
- After getting Doretta’s blessing, we will put together a Go Fund Me (or similar) campaign to raise money to purchase a Tiny Home in Doretta’s honor. More details to follow!
- We watched the first half of “Jesus Christ Superstar.” We will finish the video on May 20 and discuss it at that time.
Joys and Concerns:
- Lisa is looking forward to family time with her children, Tom, Lucy, and Natalie, as they celebrate the life of Lisa’s late husband over the weekend of May 18-20.
- Doretta is enjoying visits from friends and family, though it’s important to take time out for naps.
- Cheryl is very grateful for all the love poured out on Doretta and herself during this journey, and she’s very grateful to be with Fireside this afternoon.
- Lisa’s daughter is going to walk in her graduation ceremony after all. She’ll be receiving her associates degree on May 10!
- Karen is currently in the emergency room receiving treatment for a blood clot.
- Sherrill will have an MRI on Friday to determine to what degree her brain surgery worked. She’s still having more memory loss and vision issues than typical following this surgery.
- Claire and Cheryl got to go see Aladdin for half price yesterday!
- Cheryl’s friend, Pat, has ovarian cancer and has just suffered a stroke.
- South Broadway will have an O & A conversation very soon.
- Ray and Amanda have visited Doretta and may be interested in coming to Fireside.