Hosting: Debbie on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)||1851|
|March||The Nature Conservancy||1090|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)||810|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)||25|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies||200|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support||205|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Health Justice Support||40|
|Gun Violence Prevention/Education Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Amount Dispersed||834.38|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation (December 2022)||$20,284.51|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- April 2: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Debbie Communion: Judy
- April 9: HAPPY EASTER! Celebrate the day with family and friends!
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Orange Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- April 23: Colors of Hope, Yellow Leader: Judy Communion:
- April 30: Colors of Hope, Green Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- May 7: Colors of Hope, Turquoise Leader: Sherrill Communion:
- May 14: Colors of Hope, Blue Leader: Communion:
- May 21: Colors of Hope, Purple Leader: Communion:
- May 28: Colors of Hope, Rainbow Leader: Communion:
- Debbie concluded our Lenten conversation today – Palm Sunday to Easter, eco-crucifixion to eco-resurrection.
Joys and Concerns:
- Continued prayers for Janet and her family during this time of grief.
- Continued prayers for Cookie.
- Cheryl has made the painful decision to euthanize her sweet dog, Mookie. Let’s hold her close, especially on Thursday.
- Judy appreciated listening in on the Transgender Day of Visibility; she learned a great deal!
- Cheryl lifted up the fact that the media continues to refer to the shooter in the recent Nashville shooting as “she,” when in reality, the accused used male pronouns.
- Bev, whose granddaughter is transgender, is hoping that the Denver airport is a safe place.