Hosting: Janet on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||725|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||15|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion|
|March||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (March 28/April 4)|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining in for Life|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 23)|
|June||CRMR Designated Offering for Reconciliation – and other Anti-Racism Support|
|June||DMF Giving Day|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 18)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)|
|COVID-19 Relief Support (As of June 30)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our January 23 host: Max; Communion: Cheryl
- Our January 30 host: Cheryl; Communion: Debbie
- Our February 6 host: Sandra; Communion: Sandra
- Our February 13 host: Cos; Communion:
- Our February 20 host: Lisa; Communion: Lisa
- Our February 27 host: Sherrill; Communion:
- Our March 6 host: Tory; Communion:
- Our March 13 host: Debbie; Communion: Sherrill
- We began sharing our spiritual journeys / spiritual autobiographies. Thanks to Janet for leading us off!
Joys and Concerns:
- Debbie has a graduation date! She hopes to earn her DMIN degree in May of 2023!
- Sherrill is feeling much better!
- Cookie and Max are both recovering from colds.
- Richard’s long-time friend, Irma Dunlap, passed away this week.
- Phil Campbell expressed his feelings of chronic anger about death, which seems to be pervasive in his life right now.
- Cheryl preached at South Broadway Christian Church this morning on their 132nd anniversary.
- Cos reports that Kathi’s behavior has become aggressive recently; additionally, more staff have tested positive for COVID-19.